These yummy plant-based pumpkin muffins are packed with fiber and flavor - making them the perfect addition to your breakfast or holiday spread!
Tip: Make and freeze ahead for a quick out-the-door breakfast; simply pop in the microwave for 30-45 seconds when you’re ready to eat.
1 1⁄2 tbsp flax meal
4 tbsp water
1⁄4 ea ripe banana
3⁄4 cup organic pumpkin puree
1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
1⁄3 cup date sugar
1⁄4 cup honey - organic
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
1⁄2 cup water
1⁄2 cup almond flour
3⁄4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup gluten free flour of your choice
Buttery Crumble Topping
3 tbsp date sugar
4 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp slivered almonds
2 tbsp chopped sunflower seeds
1 1⁄4 tbsp nutiva butter flavor coconut oil
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Using cupcake papers, line a standard size muffin tin.
- In a small bowl mix the flax meal and 4 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the banana. Using a fork, mash all before adding the next ingredients.
- Add pumpkin purée, coconut sugar, date sugar, honey, olive oil, and vanilla extract and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Continue by adding the baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and water. Mix well and watch for lumps (sometimes the date sugar gets a bit lumpy). Smash the lumps and stir them into the batter.
- Add almond flour, rolled oats, and gluten free flour, and stir until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin tins, filling almost to the top
- Using the now empty flax bowl, add all of the ingredients for the buttery crumble topping. Pinch the contents of the bowl until you get a nice crumbly texture. If the Nutiva Buttery coconut oil gets too warm and the mixture doesn't "crumble" place the topping bowl into the freezer for 2-3 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Rotate the pan 1/2 way through the baking time. The tops will darken in color.
- Allow the vegan pumpkin muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and transferring them to a cooling rack.
- You may store cooled muffin in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Keep refrigerated.