Sweet Potato-Avocado Brownies
Indulge without the guilt! These delicious brownies have less sugar than traditional recipes and include healthy fats, protein, fiber, and the benefit of nutrients from real food. All while being ooey-gooey, chocolaty and delicious!
Active FitTip: To practice portion control, consider making this healthy recipe in mini-muffin tins.
• 1 small ripe avocado
• 1/2 cup or 1 small sweet potato, cooked and pureed
• 2 whole eggs
• 1/3 cup honey or agave
• 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
• 3 Tbsp. coconut flour, oat flour, or almond flour
• 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
• 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
• 1/4 tsp. sea salt
• 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Use additional spoonful of coconut oil to ‘grease’ the cooking pan
3. Cook 1 small sweet potato until soft
4. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, blender or food processor
5. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
6. Optional: Fold in ¼ cup walnuts.
7. Spread mix evenly into baking dish.
8. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes, and enjoy!
For other great ideas and additional tips, feel free to connect with us. We'd love to hear from you: