Seniors expect to have access to programs that will reduce the negative health effects of aging, improve quality of life, and increase their health span. At Active Wellness, we’re focused on inspiring safe and engaging programs for seniors that improve their quality of life. Here are our 5 components to include in a successful active aging program:
- Variations in workout intensity to accommodate beginners and low-fitness individuals
- Low-impact, weight-bearing movements
- Routines emphasizing stability, mobility, and balance
- Exercises that don’t strain the lower back or joints and tendons
- A social atmosphere that’s welcoming to older exercisers
At Active Wellness we’re focused on inspiring safe and engaging programs for seniors that improve their quality of life. Contact us today to learn more about how we can engage with your active aging or how we can help your gym or fitness center target this market.
You might also like:
Mark Metcalf is a Senior General Manager for Active Wellness. He has over 25 years of experience in the health and fitness industry. His various roles over the years include Fitness Director, Operations Manager, Senior General Manager, and Regional Manager. During the past three years, he has provided Regional and General Manager support at three locations in the Bay Area, including two medical fitness health club locations and a 55+ senior living community fitness center. Mark earned a BS in Exercise Science with a minor in Health from Ithaca College.