While resolutions and setting goals are fresh on the mind, here are five tips to start your new year off on the right foot and to live your best life yet. By following these simple steps you should be able to stay on track with any of those resolutions or goals, no matter what time of the year.
1. Start Your Day with Gratitude. Countless studies show that people who are consistently grateful are more likely to be more energetic, forgiving, and successful and less likely to be depressed, anxious, or lonely. Instead of reaching for your phone first thing in the morning, take a few minutes to pause and reflect on the things you are grateful for. Even more, instead of just thinking about it, write it down using a journal and/or app so you can go back and remember those things on a hard day.
2. Set Intentions. Setting an intention for the day can help to hold yourself accountable towards your larger goal or purpose. By setting an intention, you can make the most mundane task start to feel important and/or have more purpose during those daily tasks. For example, instead of thinking about the morning commute as a time suck, listen to a podcast and think about setting an intention to learn something new during the commute each day. You’ll be surprised at how much you can accomplish by just being more intentional with your day.
3. Dedicate Time to Think. While our phones allow us to be super connected this also means that we rarely allow ourselves time to just sit and think or become “bored”. However, our most creative thinking and some of our best ideas happen when we are bored and allow our minds to wander. Schedule time in your day or week to just think and see what creative ideas start flowing!
4. Find a Support System or Community. It is no secret that we are happier people when we are in a community with others. Find a group of support people, build a community that uplifts you, and supports your endeavors. Spend time with family and friends and make it a point to connect with others.
5. Have Fun! Most importantly, have fun in whatever you are doing. Find joy in the simple things, shift your mindset to one of opportunity. Those who can have fun, even on the most challenging days, will be more successful in achieving their goals and creating their best life. And don’t forget to celebrate yourself whenever you reach a milestone along the journey.
Cheers to living each day to the fullest, creating habits to make you happier and healthier, and to a prosperous and wonderful 2022!
Team Active content is not medical advice; it's inspiration to live actively!
This article is copy-write protected and an example of the resources Active Wellness provides to clients. It may be shared by including a link to the article in your communications by linking to this webpage and including attribution in your communication: “provided by Active Wellness
Kiley Mutschler - Regional Manager
Kiley oversees corporate and multi-tenant accounts across Texas, Arizona, and Canada. She has over 10 years of experience managing people at all levels; responsible for hiring, training, and building strong teams within the organization.