Although there is room for indulgences in any healthy diet, it is necessary to keep a careful eye on your food intake, even on the weekends. If you are looking for a healthier way to spice up your weekend meals, Air Fryers are the new popular kitchen appliance for making tasty alternatives to deep-fried foods. It works by circulating hot air around the food to produce a crunchy, crispy exterior. Without completely submerging food in oil, you can have a low calorie and fat content meal with a similar taste and texture of your favorite fried foods. The Air Fryer usually requires a little oil to enjoy a guilt-free treat meal!
Curb your craving with this healthier Fried Chicken and Fries recipe. If you try it let us know how you liked it! Team Active content is not medical advice; it's inspiration to live actively!
For the chicken:
- 3 Large Chicken Breast
- Siete Grain-Free Sea Salt Chips
- 1 Tsp Onion Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 4 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (or parmesan cheese)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
- Place eggs in a large bowl and stir. Cut chicken into nuggets or strips. Gently toss chicken in eggs and place in fridge while prepping other ingredients.
- Add all dry ingredients to a food processor to create the batter (“bread crumb” texture).
- Add batter to a bowl and gently toss each piece of chicken until coated.
- Arrange the chicken on the bottom of your air fryer basket, single layer.
- Cook chicken for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the fries:
- Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1-2 Tbsp Oil (coconut or olive oil)
- Season to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 375ºF.
- Peel and slice potatoes. Place in a bowl of warm water and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes then drizzle oil and seasonings on top. Toss fries until coated evenly. Place fry slices on the bottom of the air fryer basket, in a single layer. The more separated the potatoes, the crispier they will be.
- Cook fries at 375ºF for 16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Immediately add additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Team Active content is not medical advice; it's inspiration to live actively!