For complete recipe directions and photos as well as other delicious meal ideas, visit skinnytaste.com.
For the chicken:
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (like Frank’s)
For the wraps:
- 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticksDirections
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn’t enough). Cover and cook on high 4 hours or 8 hours on low.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken.
- To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and enjoy!
- Variation for leftovers: serve chicken on top of cooked sweet potato for added vitamins and deliciousness.
Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup chicken + veggies • Points +: 3 pts • Smart Points: 2 • Calories: 147.7 • Fat: 0.1 g • Carb: 5.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 24.9 g • Sugar: 1.7 g • Sodium: 879 mg
Looking for additional recipies and other useful information about fitness and wellness management services? Visit our blog or feel free to reach out to us. We'd love to hear from you!