At Active, we've begun to reopen some of our managed sites in California, Florida, Illinois, Ohio, Minnesota and Texas. As you prepare to reopen your fitness center doors you’re likely realizing there are a lot of things to do in order to follow your local governing official's protocols and best practices for safely reopening. What do you need to do operationally to get your doors opened? What do you need to do on an ongoing basis differently? And how will all of this be communicated to your members and staff?
Our Director of Operations West Coast Marcia Franks and Director of Operations East Coast Deb Heisler share some of Active’s checklist and new operation procedures below.
- Determine your hours of operation.
- Determine member programs, membership types and offerings.
- Determine amenities - Will you continue to offer towels and yoga mats? What areas of your club will remain closed during your initial club reopening? What does the cleaning process look like if you are keeping amenities?
- Temperature checks - Will you offer this? What does this look like?
- Member check-in - Ensure touchless experience with social distancing process in place.
- Reduce locker usage availability for 6 ft social distancing.
- Prepare your fitness floor by removing excess equipment to ensure safe distancing.
- Develop a member code of conduct that encompasses the new expectations or create communications so that members can prepare before returning.
Sanitation & Cleanliness
- Order supplies + PPE - See our suggestions on our ‘Where to Source PPE + Cleaning Supplies for Your Business’ blog post here.
- Set cleaning before reopening procedure.
- Set ongoing cleaning procedures.
- Walkthrough your club and add sanitation stations to all of your high traffic areas.
- Assess all locations for signage options to help direct the flow of traffic including keeping 6 ft distance and cleaning procedures. Our Reopening Signage Package is available for ordering here if you need assistance. Signage opportunities may include:
- Front Door
- Front desk
- Group exercise studios - entrances, mirrors and throughout the studio
- Cardio areas
- Sanitation station
- Weight area
- Locker room
- Elevator signage (if applicable)
- Have a pre-opening staff training - Review new cleaning standard checklists, manuals and training videos including how to educate members on the new processes in place and how to set the example.
- Organize ongoing staff training.
- Prepare member education prior to doors opening and ongoing communication.
Need more help with your reopening checklist or preparing to reopen your fitness center? The Active Team can help. Contact us today.
Deb Heisler | Director of Operations East Coast
Deb Heisler is Active's Director of Operations East Coast. She supports all of our locations on the East Coast and is currently doing so remotely. Like a lot of people in the fitness industry, she tends to live life at a pretty fast pace between traveling and staying Active, but has been grateful for the great slow down the last few months. Deb and her family have kept Active by kayaking, swimming, walking everyday and riding bikes. Now that the beaches have reopened they have enjoyed one of Deb's favorite activities, riding waves and watching the sunset. There's nothing like being by the water and watching the sunset to relieve stress.
Marcia Franks | Director of Operations West Coast
Marcia Franks is Active's Director of Operations for the West Coast supporting all of our locations on the West Coast. With life changing so drastically over the last couple of months, Marcia has stayed consistent with her workouts even though she had to adjust to moving them outdoors and has stayed connected to friends and family through virtual happy hours. She's been spending tons of quality time with her husband, boys and dogs. Marcia and her family have also recently been able to get back to the beach and the lake on weekends which has brought a much-needed sense of normalcy.