Sleep is key to our health. And with anxiety running high, a different routine for all of us and a lot of unknown, you may be struggling to catch some zzz’s. Here are our team’s tips for a good night’s rest.
- If your mind is racing with worries, try listening to relaxing music or a meditative sleep podcast. A 5-minute meditation or breathing exercise helps calm the mind and body for a restful night. Many are free on Spotify, Amazon Prime and Apple. A few of Team Active’s favorites include Headspace, Calm, Sleep Cove, InsightTimer, and Jennifer Piercy's Healing Darkness for Sleep.
- Try to limit screen time 1-2 hours before sleeping, that way your mind will have a break from the day’s happenings.
- Take a bath or shower. Try unwinding by taking a bath or warm shower to wash away the day. Epsom salt can help your body detox and heal sore muscles.
- Try to disconnect, put down your phone, open up a book and sip a cup of chamomile or lavender tea.
- Start a journal and get it out on paper. Try writing down 3 things you’re grateful for or some of your accomplishments from the day. Seeing the positive and what you’re conquering may put your mind at rest a little easier.
- If you’re really struggling to sleep, talk to your health provider about medications or supplements, like Unisom, Melatonin or a prescribed sleep aid to help you get through periods of anxiety.
What tips and tricks work for you to help with getting a good night's rest? Share your suggestions with us in our comments below.
Team Active content is not medical advice; it's inspiration to live actively!