Social media is a great way to increase the value of your weight loss program. There are many topics to address during weight loss programs, but you don’t want to over complicate it! A majority of our members and clients need general advice on how to be more active and eat better. We have found sticking to those two topics will help your members the most. Here are a few ideas to create engaging social media content to compliment your weight loss program:
- Discuss every day ways to add more movement into your life. With most of us being at home full time, work, life, heath, etc. all seem to mesh together. Help your participants to learn how to sneak in movement, even as our schedules may feel especially complicated.
- Create workouts for your participants. Record short clips that provide a workout of the day or some exercise ideas. This may include a strength component, a quick yoga practice or a suggestion on daily cardio. Many times people are not sure what to do for their workout, so providing them with a short clip can be helpful with instilling healthy habits in their everyday life.
- Review what is in your grocery bag. People are always curious about what other people are buying at the grocery store, so sharing what you bought and how you stay healthy can be fun and useful. Walk your participants through your grocery haul and explain why you bought what you did, health benefits and what you plan to do with the food.
- Talk about & provide quick & easy meals. This can be so helpful for participants, especially those that don’t particularly enjoy cooking or feel they have enough time to cook. Being able to control, measure and know what is in your food is one of the first steps to eating better and weight loss.
- Show participants how you meal prep for the week. Meal prepping looks different for every person, but providing some ideas on how you prep for the week ahead to ensure that you are staying nourished is sure to help your participants.
- Give snack ideas. Snacks are life! :) Especially being at home more often these days. Discussing what healthy snacks you buy can be extremely helpful for your participants.
- Discuss real life stressors and experiences that hinder success. No matter what is going on in life, stress is present. Providing real life examples of how you can overcome stressor to become successful in your health and fitness goals will resonate with participants.
If you would like help creating a virtual weight loss program for your fitness center, The Active Team can help. Contact us today.
Active's Director of Wellness, Karah Ehrhardt, has been with the organization since its inception and has been a part of the greater fitness industry for 15 years now. She is passionate about meeting individuals where they are by providing our sites and members with the tools, resources and products that help support their health and wellness journey.
Karah is staying safe at home with her loved ones spending time chasing around her toddler and experimenting with new recipes in the kitchen!