Wellness programs offer an opportunity to create a thriving employee culture where employees are engaged, productive, and remain at your organization for the long haul. On top of that, keeping your employees well will result in decreased health costs.
Wellness initiatives can be at the forefront of every organization’s strategy, no matter your budget. Here are some ideas for wellness on a budget:
- Monthly or quarterly challenges or campaigns for your employees based on things like steps, activity, mindfulness, nutrition, water, happiness and/or other trending health topics. Challenges can be as easy as employees reporting they exercised daily or even an email campaign or display board on ways to cultivate happiness. Be creative!
- Leverage your (FREE) resources! Think about using resources you already engage with (and pay for). Many benefits platforms have free resources for wellness - start promoting and investigating what you already have access to but are underutilizing! Also, the internet is full of free resources from TED Talks to a variety of websites with helpful resources (CDC, AHA, etc)
- Flexible working hours allow your employees freedom to balance wellness both at home and at work.
- Give your employees a moment to move and reset with stretching, walking or meditation/breathing breaks. They can be led by someone who is passionate about the subject within your organization or find a free video online.
- With a little investment, you can bring onsite group fitness classes to your organization by just using a conference room or even an open courtyard. There are great instructors out there who can work with little to no equipment.
- There is no cost to taking your walking shoes to work and make some of your meetings walking meetings. This is a great way to build a true culture of health and wellness.
- Monthly Newsletters are an easy way to promote healthy behaviors and resources to your employees with no cost.
- Promote health and wellness by working with your onsite cafeteria and/or vending services to provide healthy food options and recipes for your employees.
Did you know Active Wellness offers programming services and manages engagement? Please get in touch with our team to get your questions answered.