Food is fuel for your body, eating correctly is an important piece to support your health and fitness. Below are are few tips to remind your members and yourself about foods that fuel your body.
- Before your next workout look to take in high carbs before your workouts for quick energy. Your body’s fastest energy source comes from carbohydrates and grains such as bread, pasta, oatmeal, cereals, and tortillas. These foods will help fuel your body to stay energized during your workouts.
- After your workouts refuel with foods that are high protein to support muscle and recovery. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle. Remember quality protein sources come from plant based foods, too!
- Between workouts remember to take a balanced approach to your diet in between workouts with nutrient-packed foods of carbs, fats and proteins. Try to eat less foods that are high in solid fats, added sugars, and sodium.
- Variety is important, mix it up with plant-based protein foods. Reach for the beans such as kidney, pinto, black, or white beans. Don’t forget the soy products with tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers. Nuts and seeds are other great options to keep a variety of plant-based protein foods in your diet.
- Give your body the nutrients it needs by eating a variety of fruits and vegetables and in various ways. Try blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries; red, yellow, and green peppers; and dark greens such as spinach and kale. Choose a variety of fresh, frozen, low-sodium, canned, dried, and 100% juice options.
Want more healthy life content to share with your members? The Active team can help with your social media content and strategy. Learn more here.