Tis’ the season for eating! It’s easy to feel indulgent and unhealthy this time of year. So our Director of Wellness Karah Ehrhardt whipped up some of our favorite holiday treats with a healthy spin.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 20 Dates
- 10 Slices Bacon or Turkey Bacon (cut in half)
- 2 C. Mix nuts of your favorite nuts
- 2 T. Butter
- 1 t. Salt
- ½ t. Each of cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, paprika, chili powder
Melt butter in skillet, and add in all the spices and combine. Stir in nuts and cover. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool and consume.
Air Fryer Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 lb of Asparagus
- 10 Slices of Prosciutto (cut in half)
Trim and clean asparagus. Lay out prosciutto on a clean surface, place asparagus on top and roll until all of the prosciutto is used. Air Fry at 350-360 for about 5 minutes. Optional: Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Health(ier) Peppermint Fudge
- ½ C. Coconut Oil
- ¾ C. Cocoa Powder
- ¾ C. Almond or Nutbutter of Choice
- ⅓ C. Liquid Sweetener of Choice (I.E. Maple Syrup, Agave, Honey, etc)
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 t. Peppermint Extract
- 1 Candy Cane crushed for garnish
In a saucepan, melt coconut oil. Once melted, whisk in all ingredients until smooth. Place melted mixture into a loaf pan lined with foil or parchment paper. Top with crushed candy cane. Chill for at least 2 hours, cut and enjoy!
Homemade Seasonal “Latte”
Seasonal lattes from your favorite coffee shop are the best, but the calories can add up fast! If you like to regularly drink seasonal lattes over the holidays, think about starting to make your own. Pick up your favorite flavored non-dairy milk substitutes and mix it with home brewed coffee. You can even make it an adult beverage with a little bit of Irish Cream.
- ½ - 1 C. Non-Dairy Milk (I.E. Eggnog, Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Spice, etc)
- ½ - 1 C. Coffee
- 1 - 2 oz. Irish Cream (Optional)
Want more healthy life content to share with your members? The Active Team can help with your social media content and strategy. Learn more here.